martes, 13 de mayo de 2014

Idioms / Phrasal Verbs

Phrasal Verbs -

 Using Phrasal Verbs in Everyday Situations 1 



REMEMBER: Several responses might be acceptable - choose the best one: 

1. She ___________ the blue dress instead of the red one. 
a) put on    b) placed on     c) put off 

2. He’s not at work today. (= he’s  ___________ today) 
a) up    b) on    c) off/out 

3. The prisoners were ___________ by the police. 
a) taken away     b) taken off    c) taken on   

4. I was ___________ (= surprised) by his reaction. 
a) taken away    b) put on    c)  taken aback 

5. You’re ___________! (= you’re trying to distract me) 
a) putting me off    b) putting me on    c) putting me out 

6. Tom was tired of digging, so his friend ___________. 
a) helped him in   b) helped him over    c) helped him out

7. He ___________ his Mother. (= he’s similar to his Mother) 
a) takes after     b) takes about     c) takes after 
  
8. He ___________ at 7:00 this morning. 
a) woke about    b) woke up    c) woke in 

9. To string someone ___________ means to keep someone in a state of deception or false hope.     
a) along    b) around    c) away  

10. I don’t really know this town. Could you ___________ a bit? (= show me where everything is) 
a) show me inside    b) show me around    c) show me down






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario